Sunday, March 2, 2008

Italy - a dream


Europe has always fascinated me much more than America. In my last trip to Europe one city I wanted to visit but did not was Venice. Infact Italy as a country has so much mystic around it that I would love to visit and live there some day. To make this craving for Italy worse, everytime I read a book about Italy, there is a surge of intense longing to visit this place.


Italy to me is special because of its food, fashion, historical charm, romanticism and so much more. I have been visiting the Italian stores (cannot afford to buy any, just window shopping) and I am very impressed by the dresses , accessories, shoes. They are stylish, sassy, sexy, classy! Italian dresses drape not your body but your soul. So do the Italian shoes. I love them all cant afford to buy them though.


So after completing the chapter on Italy in the book "Eat , Love , Pray" , I thought of spending an Italian evening with my own self this saturday. I bought some nice crispt Italian bread soft from inside and almost melting in my mouth from Wholefoods, not many places in New York have good bread ( good enough for cheese and olive oil). Also went through the cheese section and was mesmerised by the variety softness and aroma of the cheese, bought some.


Came home and prepared an appetizer meal of nice bread, few varieties of cheeses, olives, olive oil, butter, salt & pepper and wine. Lovely! and a movie on TV in a warm room with lots of cushions and lots of dim lamps and a window with a view to manhattan skyline... what more can one ask for on a Saturday evening? Having a wonderful time after a tiring week at work. Waiting to crash on my bed and wake up for brunch and chai on sunday.


No comments: