
Tonight is the night of the Oscars and I am watching it live on my TV.And the only exclamation I have for it is astounding! Its glamorous, high profile with stunning actors, gorgeous dresses and the works to make it a night to remember. I dont really have the words to do justice to the magnanimity of the event but I just have a few observations to make.
The dresses and the jewellery were the most talked about topics and the first question asked was 'Who are you wearing?' and the answers were Dior, Versace and many others which I couldn't make out. Not everyone wore jewellery, most were plain, maybe they ended up spending all thier money on the dress. Also make-up was minimal just a bit of gloss and few wore bright lipsticks. Thats all that I could see. And as far the hair goes, that looked simple too. Some looked as if they haven't had a hair wash done tied a ugly pony... maybe that cool.
And ofcourse the partners were a point of focus but not much. They probably did not want to take the attention off the real purpose of the event. Unlike in India where who's walking/talking with whom is the focus of most cameramen. Even if the commentators dont say much but the camera on ex-patners showing thier expressions creates juicy gossips and reduces the professionalism from the event. Most were with husband/wife/parent and they all thanked thier families. And having a partner was not a part of show off but an acceptance to serious relationship.
I never knew that so many people were as important as the director in making of a film. I used to think its all about the director but there seems to be a team of really expert individuals. Film making is so much a work of art. I got to know about the good films of the year and the trailors were exciting. Now I know what movies I want to watch next. Another cute thing was that the whole event was spaced with movie song performances by the nominees for the best song. I am impressed by Enchanted and thats one movie/broadway I would want to see soon. Been a long night, time to sleep now.
No comments:
Post a Comment