Friday, November 14, 2008

Crossing the boundary

As I walked past the security to board my flight to Miami, I knew I had crossed the boundary of New York. I had left it for good and forever. And then there was this moment when the aircraft wheels left the ground, the front two followed by the rear two. I could feel the plane take off and my heart sink. I was no more a New Yorker. New York was no longer my home.

Its strange how so many different mutually exclusive thoughts and ideas are crossing my mind right now. Sometimes I tend to get too involved in them and other times I dissociate and just watch. I ought to observe the experience that I am going through. This is a time, a phase in my life which will not come again and it does not come to most people.

Its an experience I want to feel and live intensely and discover myself and come out stronger. So let me not dwindle away my time in fretting or thinking what could have been but enjoy what is because the only truth is the moment now. Rest is an imagination , unreal and unreachable. I am just playing my part in the greater scheme of life and will go where my destiny will take me.

No comments: