Saturday, December 15, 2007

My Will

I am going to write my will now. No I am not dying, not suffering from any terminal ailment or planning on suicide, no I am not, not yet. But yes I do feel like my life is coming to an end and I am moving towards a more purposeful (purposeless for me) life juggling between different roles that I am expected to play except for one - the role of being myself.
I remember I had sent some money home last year and even early this year. My bank balance has definitely grown since then. My drawer is full of the fornightly salary envelopes which have been unopened and disgracefully piled on. There seems to be no correlation between them and the work I do or may be correlation but no cause-effect relation. For me work is love and envelope is God's blessing.
So the money that accrues from now on will remain here in its coffin. I'll go back as empty pocketed as I had come.... taking with me thoughts and memories rich and precious. So if in life I ever feel like dying and reincarnating again, I'll know where to come to find life once again. It will be here.... this will be my life-line, my trump card, the dawn at the end of the night, the light at the end of the tunnel, gust of fresh air for the choked, a new life for the near dead.

No comments: